BREAKING: Son to Jonathan’s security chief allegedly forfeits 20 exotic cars, house .

Read All Newspapers in one Place - Download our App for free. DOWNLOAD

BUY OR SELL OLD AND NEW CARS, PARTS, CAR MATERIALS AS CAR MART NG LAUNCH IN NIGERIA

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

A son to one of the former Chiefs of Air Staff currently under investigation for alleged corruption has reportedly returned 20 exotic cars to the federal government. 
The Nation is reporting that it was learnt that the son to the former security chief who served under ex-President Goodluck Jonathan had never worked in his life and could not have made the money to acquire such level of property.
 Currently, three former Chiefs of Air Staff are facing trial over the arms procurement (between 2007 and 2015) scandal and they include Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh (who later became a Chief of Defence Staff); Air Marshal Adesola Amosu and Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar. 

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Read All Newspapers in one Place - Download our App for free. DOWNLOAD

We understands that while Badeh is accused of stealing N3.9 billion, Umar is accused of taking N7.8 billion. 
Amosu is currently battling allegations that he looted N22.8 billion. In court, the trio pleaded not guilty while one opted for out-of-court settlement. 
Also Read: Today’s Vanguard Newspaper Headlines [7th June, 2017].
The report quoted a source as saying the 20 cars were uncovered by the Presidential Special Investigative Committee, led by Air Vice Marhsal JON Ode. 
The source said: “In the course of the committee’s work, it was discovered that Air Force funds were used to buy 20 choice cars for the son of the ex-Chief of Air Staff. 
“All those involved had no justification for the purchase other than the allegation that the boy was a car freak. “Air Force cash was also used to buy a house for this son of the ex-Air Chief. 
“All the expensive cars / SUVs and the house have been temporarily forfeited to the Federal Government. 
“This boy has also been recommended for prosecution alongside his father. 
“The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is already working on it. I think there is suspicion that the boy has gone underground. 
“More than five houses and over N2billion have been seized from the father, who was a Chief of Air Staff under the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan. “The revelations were startling, with many involved. 

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

In fact, the annual leave of some of the detectives has been put on hold to enable the anti-graft agency bring more suspects for trial. 
“The good aspect of the assignment is that the Acting Chairman of EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, was a member of the committee.” Giving an insight into how the panel tried to be fair to all those implicated in the $2.1 billion scandal, the source said
“As a matter of fact, the Ode committee allowed some of the military officers to be represented by three lawyers where evidence was presented to them, including inflow into some of the accounts used for siphoning Air Force cash.
 “At a point, some of these lawyers advised some of those implicated to consider plea bargain. The facts were just overwhelming.” 
READ:  Today’s This Day Newspaper Headlines [7th June, 2017].
We had reported earlier that Kenneth Uchechuchukwu Osokogu, a witness of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), shocked an Abuja court on on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 with a revelation that Alex Badeh, a former security chief, paid his own companies N157 million.
 Osokogu told Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja how the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) under Alex Badeh’s watch made the payments to the tune of N157 million to companies linked to the former Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) for non-existent contracts. 
Testifying as the PW18, Osokogu told the court that the money was paid to Iyalikam Nigeria Limited and Prince and Princess Multi-services Limited. 

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});